Sunday, August 2, 2009

Pair #26

I have a lot of trouble finding jeans that I like. I'm borderline 5'10" tall, with long legs, so finding a style that compliments my glamazon stature and legs is difficult. I'm partial to Gap Long and Leans, but I find that even those give me trouble. Fresh out of the dryer, the waist fits perfect, but the length is a little shy of my heels and I hate that. An hour later, they've stretched out at the waist, leaving me with saggy-butt syndrome and only then, when I've literally yanked them up dozens of times by the belt loops, are they the length that I want. I can't win.

Yesterday, I happened upon the site Zafu, which claims to match you to your perfect pair(s) of jeans after filling out a short questionnaire detailing your body and fit. So, I gave it a whirl, clicking through the survey, and eventually ending up with 29 jean matches.

Not surprisingly, some were pricey, some I could buy at the mall, some were specialty, the Gap Long and Leans were on the list, along with some brands I'd never heard of, but would certainly be willing to locate and purchase if the fit is perfect. The washes seemed consistent with what I usually buy, along with the boot-cut style that I have worn, like, forever. Like since a boy in high school commented that I looked like I was waiting for a flood. Anyway.

And then there was Pair #26.

I gasped, choked a little on my coffee, and cocked my head to one side making sure that this pair of jeans was actually what I thought it was.

Oh, yes, they were. Plain as day.

Mom Jeans.

A nice, crisp pair of St. John's Bay, high-waisted, tapered leg Mom Jeans.


For real, Zafu!? I told you that I was between the ages of 26-30 and you add a pair of Mom Jeans to the list?

Um, so yeah, I'm slightly offended. And I don't know if I actually can trust this site anymore.

Happy to be a mom? Yes. Happy to be matched with pair of Mom Jeans? No.

No comments:

Post a Comment