Thursday, September 3, 2009

Cough, sniffle, cough

I laid on the couch for all of Baby B's afternoon nap today. Three hours. Feeling all why-me-ish. I cannot shake this cold. My head is like totally detached from my body and I feel like I'm constantly walking through a fog.

I'm thinking about calling in sick tomorrow and making a long weekend even longer so I can shake this nasty virus or whatever it is. Which I'm sure is untreatable by antibiotic. Because what can you treat with an anitbiotic these days besides, oh, imminent death? Seriously. Don't worry, it's only walking malaria. Take two tylenol and get some rest. Rrrrrrr. Do you ever feel like that after you visit the doctor?

Things are further complicated by the fact that I'm a busy body. I like to do, do, do. So feeling all icky combined with my motivation to get things done is really driving me bananas. Every time I stand up for a prolonged period of time, I feel like I might just pass out. I even put a post-it note in my lesson plans today that read: "Mrs. Babbling isn't feeling well. Students will watch a movie at 9:36am." Literally, I didn't think I'd make it through the day.

The resident doctor of the house (i.e. my husband) said I was dehydrated, hence the lightheadedness. So I drank some water and, shockingly, felt much better. Still a little foggy, but not so much pass-outy. Now I'm going to eat some chocolate brownie ice cream and then call it a night. TGtomorrowIF. And a three day weekend.

But, I'll leave you with some pics of sweet precious, tubbin' around the living room in the artist formerly known as the baby bath beverage bucket.



No comments:

Post a Comment