Thursday, January 7, 2010

Black Eyed B

Becks got his first shiner the other day. Nope, not in a knock-down-drag-out skirmish over a sippy cup, but rather a graceful fall into the corner of the coffee table. He cried a bit and doesn't even know that he has a prominent battle scar under his eye. If you ask him about his boo-boo, he refers to his toe that has the most miniscule scab on it f. Interestingly, he refers to the toe injury whenever someone talks to him on the phone. He holds up his foot, as if the caller can see it, and says Toe? Boo-boo? From this diagram, we can deduce a couple of things. A) I want need professional picture editing software. B) Becks had brownies for breakfast. No need to hate. I don't regularly give my son brownies for breakfast. But he's been running a fever since yesterday morning due to a fierce cold and his appetite is pretty much only for things in the finger-food group. And a brownie totally qualifies. Lunch was a little better, though he wouldn't allow me to wrassle him into his highchair. So I filled several little bowls with foods that I didn't care if they wound up on the floor eventually and had some nutritional value: pretzel rod, Craisins, peanuts, banana slices, with a paci and a sippy of juice thrown in for good measure.



And, your eyes do not decieve you. That is a pink pacifier. I do not recommend Walgreens for your pacifier shopping on Christmas Eve. Apparently, everyone needs a spare on December 24th. It was the only one remaining. However, we think the boyish black eye totally compensates for the pink paci.

Anyway, during Snow Day #2 we did a whole lot of staying in our jammies. Only after his bath tonight did Becks change out of one pair of jammies and into another. {Does anyone else have to change their child into clean jammies every night or is that just me?}


Oh, we also played in the snow. Indoors. Per suggestion from Kelly. Initially, I let him stick his hands in the accumulation on our front porch. But then when I closed the door a meltdown ensued. And I'm not talking about the snow.



So, I took Kelly's suggestion and filled a big Rubbermaid container with several scoops of snow and let him play with it on top of his new table. {Aside: if you're in the market for a cute kids table, I cannot recommend the IKEA LÄTT enough. It's only $24.99 for the table and two chairs, easily assembled, and lightweight for easy portability. This is not a paid blog post, btw, I just love this product!}


Looks like tomorrow will be another jammies day, as school is already closed. Oh, and don't forget to follow me on Twitter @babblingabby so you can enjoy After the Final Tweet on Monday! Stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment