Friday, March 12, 2010

Update

Tripp's eye is looking a lot better.  We went to the eye doctor today because I was afraid to wait the weekend without someone looking in it.  I kept putting off taking him to the doctor because that would just risk more germs and infection for the doctor just to say, "Keep the ointment and drops in there and it should heal." But I gave in so we could see how bad the abrasion was. His ophthalmologist said that there is a pretty bad abrasion on his cornea but that it looked like it was healing nicely.  She said to keep the drops and ointments in it and it should do better within the next few days (just as I predicted... there isn't anything else you can do).  He was HILARIOUS in the doctor's office when she was looking in his eye.  It was so precious.  She put the microscope on her head and was shining a little light in his eye and he just could not stop smiling.  I guess he just thought it was so funny. Once again, he is an angel baby.  He finally kept his eyes open a lot more today and actually even played and smiled a little.  It was killing me that he hasn't opened his eyes or smiled or played all week.  it was heartbreaking.  I am so thankful that it is healing and he is feeling a little better.  He still isn't 100%, but for him to even have his eyes open is a big improvement.  Thank you all so much for your prayers and all of your kind and encouraging words.  It really really means so much and it gives me something to look forward to- reading all of your comments.  It's amazing to me how absolutely wonderful people can be.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.

MeMe and PawPaw Carey have been here for the last week and are staying next week, too.  And the nurse from the hospital that I was telling you about started coming this week.  So I've been having some extra help lately... to give my mom and sister a little break.  Kristi O'Brian is the nurse that's going to come and help me two days a week from 8-2:30 when she is off from the hospital.  We became really close to her when we were in and out of the hospital so much and she just adores Tripp, so I feel comfortable with her.  Even if it's just to have someone to hold him in the morning so I can get dressed or I can clean up a bit.  Anything helps.  So I'm looking forward to her starting to come every week.

So I'm sure I won't win any awards for the "Safest parent of the Year" but I took the side rail off of Tripp's crib and I pushed it right on side of my bed.  Yeah, I'd like to see you call child services... they would bring him right back :) Just kidding...  But it has helped me SOO much (why I didn't think of it 10 months ago, I don't know).  I did it so I could see him when he starts rubbing his eyes.  I just cannot let him rub his eyes like that anymore.  And this way, anytime he wakes up and moves, I can hear him because he is right next to me.  And I did NOT want to start putting him in the bed with me because I know that I would not get any sleep.  So it's worked out so far and it makes a world of difference because I'm not having to get up and down and up and down to suction.  I can just sit up and do it.  I'm really not lazy, I swear... it just really wears you out getting up out of bed that much during the night.  And some nights, I would spend so much time just standing by his crib and rubbing his head until he fell asleep... this way I can lay with him and rub his little precious head.

So anyway, thank you so much for the prayers and the support.  It means the world.  Here are a few pics... first one is from yesterday.  Last two are from today.  His eye looks 200% better than Monday!  I'm pretty sure the blister on inside his eyelid has popped and the swelling has gone down!  Praise the Lord!!






Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment