Thursday, April 15, 2010

Room Redo

I have spent a lot of time refinishing, redoing, remaking, and reinventing this week. I have tried to channel my inner Nester, imagining if The Youngsters would approve. And also my decor real-life BFF, Allison. {This post is partially for her since she requested pics when I talked to her on the phone tonight.}


I finally gained enough confidence to put holes in the walls, and have spun that couch in more positions than I thought possible. I finally developed pictures that have been on my computer for the past two years, and filled frames which have sat pictureless for even longer. I have shifted frames and accessories all over the place. I have developed a bad case of spray paint finger *ouch* and have black fingernails that will likely be black for eternity. I have found thrify pieces for a steal, and shopped the house for free. And for now, I am happy with the result.

I still have a gorgeous new rug to order, but it's pricy and out of the budget for now. And I'd love to add Roman shades to replace those horrid metal blinds, but I'll have to budget for that too.

To refresh you memory, here's the living room this time last year...




And here's the redesigned room.


Do you like?

PS. I might be so obsessed with the green/yellow/purple combo, that I may have dressed to match it today ;) He he...

No comments:

Post a Comment