Friday, August 13, 2010

Teacher Week: Online Resources!

Last night was Open House at the school where I teach, and I got to see most of my little kiddos. And then there were the families who showed up at my door and were like Such and such is going to be in your room! And I'm all like, Um, you must be at the wrong room because I'm looping and don't recognize you as a former parent or student! But no, they were right - I gained three new kids last night. So, as of today, I have 25 students. {Cap is 24.} Cah-razy.

Anyway, today is the last day of Teacher Week, and today we are linking to our favorite online resources. Some of you have personal teaching websites in addition to your blogs, so be sure to link to that as well. {I would list the sites on your blog and use the Linky at the bottom to direct us to your post.}

Mrs. Meacham's Classroom Snapshots - If you are an elementary educator, you must visit this site! It is an amazing place for idea, resources, and lessons. In fact, I modeled much of what I did in kindergarten last year after finding this site. There's too much to mention, so go check it out!

Hello First Grade! - Another great site! You have to check out her links to Picassa to see pics of her room and activities. Very helpful.

Open Court Resources - This is a site where teachers of all grade levels can share information over the web and it includes lots of valuable resources.

WRSD - Amazing and detailed lesson plans for launching Reader's Workshop in grades k-5.

I could probably go on forever, but am going to stop there! I find a lot of websites through Google when I'm looking for something specific. I can't wait to see what y'all use :)

Additionally, if you wouldn't mind leaving any suggestions or comments concerning future Teacher Weeks, that would be great! I have had so much fun hosting this and wanted to see if there would be interest in doing it again sometime. Let me know what you think :)

I plan to get back to regular posting over the weekend, but will also post a Teacher Week Wrap-Up sometime soon too. Thanks again for participating! It has been fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment