Tuesday, August 17, 2010

'Twas the day before school starts...

...and this is what I've spent naptime doing:

But, I'm finished! My room is ready, folders are stuffed, activities are organized and everything is ready to go. I'm pretty sure I won't sleep much tonight {not that I have been sleeping much anyway} and I'll probably wake up before my alarm even goes off. Some of that will be due to stress, but I am excited too! There's something so fun and rejuvenating about starting fresh into a new school year.

Teacher Idea: We're kicking off an author study about Kevin Henkes (I loooove him!), so we're going to read Chrysanthemum tomorrow and then make a name map that spotlights things that we love. {I borrowed this idea from Teaching Heart - another stellar site!} Here is my sample for the kiddos:

Tomorrow also kicks off this...

...and it's all going to be okay, right?

I truly appreciate your sweet comments on yesterday's post. Good to know I have the support of my bloggy friends :)

If I have the time and energy tomorrow I hope to post, and I'll still be linking up to What I Wore Wednesday with The Pleated Poppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment