Thursday, September 16, 2010

Lately.

I've had a difficult time relaxing lately, as I try to precariously balance the many hats that I'm wearing these days. When I should be doing one thing, I'm inevitably thinking about another and wondering if I shouldn't be doing that instead. Since school started, I haven't once felt like I've had it all together. I've been staying up way too late and relying on too much caffeine (even for me!) to give me the proper accelerant to make it through the day.

And I'm having a hard time accepting my new role. I love teaching, I do. A lot. But, I really really really really really really really miss being home with Beckham. Plus about a billion more reallys. According to my bundle straws at school, we're only 21 days in, which really isn't a whole lot of transition time. Maybe in a month I'll feel more confident in our situation. If it wasn't for health insurance, I could see me going back to part-time, but for now that's not an option.

My mom sent me a card recently and in it there was a quote that said this:

All the flowers of tomorrow are the seeds of yesterday.
And that is the perspective that I need to adopt because I ultimately do want to be a stay-at-home mom. Thus, me working full time while B pursues his degree will hopefully pay in dividends in the future.

And now for the pictures, that do a darn good job of disguising the stress :)





Have a great Thursday! TGIF tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment