Sunday, October 24, 2010

Cafe Archibald

Every few months my hubby, Matt, and I like to get away. Its nice to leave life as we know it behind and just be us again, even for one day. Don't get me wrong - we LOVE our life together with our kids and jobs and responsibilities but sometimes its good to just enter your own little bubble where there is no one in the world but the 2 of you. So this past weekend thats what we did. But, alas, this post is not so much about our getaway as it is about where we dined - Cafe Archibald.

I've seen this place a few times when in Moncton and always thought it looked very cute (mostly b/c of the snails on the sign...).






Knowing we'd be in Moncton this weekend, I did my homework and checked the online reviews of the place and they were GOOD! Not only that, but the menu sounded like it was right up our alley!


So after a full day of shopping, off we went to fill our empty bellies. The restaurant itself is a renovated house and very quaint. Its is not a very big restaurant but big enough especially if you don't have issues with sitting close to other people while you eat. You can see the chefs making the food in an open kitchen. I don't like this (I don't care if you wipe your nose while making my food but I'd rather not know about it!) so i sat with my back to the kitchen. Matt, on the other hand, likes to be the lookout and announce when our food is coming. Needless, to say our seating arrangement was perfect!


Now time for the big decision...what to order?? I decided I wanted a dessert crepe for dessert so chose pizza rather then a dinner crepe. But not just any pizza...Egyptian pizza!! Topped with hummus, artichokes, olives and feta, this pizza screamed my name! And with a greek salad on the side, my meal couldn't have been any more perfect!


Matt was quite alright with having a crepe for dinner and dessert so he ordered the Mediterranean Crepe with a side house salad. I did a little taste test and can account for the fact that it was AMAZING!


We were both absolutely impressed with our meals! And you know what the past part was? We didn't go away feeling grossly full or disgustingly greasy! Wait...that may be the second best part....the BEST part was having room to enjoy this.....


That's right! An Apple and Skor Crepe with Caramel Sauce and Vanilla Ice Cream! I can't even describe how good this was!

As you can tell, we had a great experience at Cafe Archibald! The only negative was that the service wasn't nearly as good as the food. But it was very busy so perhaps it was just a bad night for our waitress. All in all, it was a lovely place to share a 'romantic' meal with my man and added to the enjoyment of being away from normal life! We'll definitely be back again!




No comments:

Post a Comment