Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Goodwill Hunting: Blow Money Buys

Hey, y'all!  So many of you are thrifting for outfits and I am pumped for you!  I would love to see what you've put together on a minimal budget.  Maybe we could have a weekly challenge to come up with an outfit for $10 or less...any takers?

So, this past weekend I had a very specific focus for my trip.  I needed some fall colored clothes.  I tend to go all Edgar Allen Poe during the colder months and wear a lot of black and grey.  But that makes me think of winter.  And it's fall - albeit one of the warmer ones - but still.  So, I went to Goodwill for some fall colored tops.  I was in luck :)  To be featured throughout some upcoming WWIWs for sure...

5 fall colored tops...$25.00

Then, Saturday, I went yardsaling.  And found lots of goodies...

24 Southern Living Magazines...$1.00


 A framed mirror for a fun upcoming project (possibly a big boy bedroom redo)...$1.00
 2 Puzzles for the Beckster...$1.00
 And, another dream-come-true thrifting moment when I spotted not one pair of slouchy faux suede boots but two pairs in grey AND brown  I know, STOP THE WORLD. 

 And the price per pair...ONE BUCK each!  So, $2.00 for two pairs of boots.  I die.  As a bonus, they are toe fungus free and the seller was a totally legit college girl.
 Then, I went back to Goodwill on Saturday for the 50% off sale and found an apothecary jar drink dispenser for $4.00.  It's just begging for me to throw a party, isn't it? 
And lastly, for a whopping 50 cents, that cute little Young House Love inspired bird sitting in my dining room fall tablescape that very much needs a table runner. 

See you tomorrow for WIWW!

No comments:

Post a Comment