Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Morphine Muscles.

So last night after the very late CT-scan... ugh, we still had to come back to the room and bathe Tripp.  From about midnight to 1 AM, mom, the doctors, and I discussed the use of a stronger pain medication to use.  Nothing just seemed to be controlling this mystery pain he's having.  The docs wanted to start him on a really low dose of Morphine.  Well, you know me (kind-of).... I freaked out at the word "morphine."  "No, I'm not ready to start that," I said.  But the docs insisted that it's a low dose and it's something that he won't have to use all the time unless he needs it... and insisted that he must really be in pain if the codeine isn't helping.  So I finally agreed.  We gave it to him mid-bath (about 1:30am), and by the end of the bath- I had my baby back!!!  He was smiling, dancing, playing, doing sign language, eating pudding, and being the sassy little spoiled rotten baby I used to have.  Mom and I were in HEAVEN.  Morphine was the best birthday present I could have ever asked for.  Video to follow this post :)

Well, today... he woke up his same, hurting, miserable self (excpected).  I surely didn't want to be giving him the Morphine around the clock, every 4 hours... but of course the docs again convinced me that if it made him feel THAT much better, then he probably needs it.  So we gave it again today.  It didn't work the same wonders today that it did last night... but helped a little- it mostly made him sleep. You could still tell that he was in pain.  All of his tests so far came back normal, CT scan too... except the WBC... so they are still saying they think it's just a skin infection, though his sores don't look signifcantly worse.  But at least we are doing tests and checking things off of the list.  I want to have somewhat of a peace of mind when we go home- knowing we tested everything we could.  

Dr. Rodriguez came today to check the end of his trach and his ears.  Said the sore underneath his trach looked okay, just a little crusty (this dry weather).  And his ears looked good... so that's another check off the list.  The pediatric surgeon, Dr. Adolf, is supposed to come take a look at his g-tube site also while we are here to see if there is any way we can stop it from leaking.  

So they are starting him on 2 oral antibiotics, treating his skin and making sure it will treat any unknown "tooth" issues he might have as well.  They want to keep us for sure tonight and if he's okay talk about sending us home tomorrow, hoping that the antibiotics will help him to feel better.  I'm just starting to think his "pain" is either from his butt and scrotum sores, or something dental.  I don't know.  I will update you again tomorrow... but you can also add me on facebook (button on the right of the screen) and I will try to give updates (it's a little easier and faster). 

Thank you all so very much for the birthday wishes... I had a very good day and was in good spirits because of all your sweet messages, love, and support.  I got to spend the day with my super DUPER mom and some special friends that came to visit, and a little birdie told me that some sweet friends sent me some flowers back home :)  Can't wait to see them!  One of the doctors this morning brought mom and I some vanilla lattes ( my favorite).  And the nurses sang to me and brought me some goodies.  So turning 65 25 wasn't so bad... haha. 

But now... check out his "Morphine Muscles".... this is 3:00 in the morning!!
We couldn't go to sleep because we were so happy that he was feeling good.  I don't like the word "Morpine" so I'm going to call it his "candy."  



Love,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment