Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Think Happy Thoughts!

Today could have been a pretty awful day. A teething baby who cried much of the day, a 3 year old with a cold who spent the night coughing so was not quite up to par, a mama who's not feeling so great herself and a grey, rainy day can easily turn into a textbook 'bad day'. But instead it was pretty good. First of all, I had visitors! Having other people to talk to makes the slowest, crummiest day fly by and a whole lot happier especially when they are some of your favorites! But secondly, I have this little trick that comes in real handy when my day tries to point me down a road of pessimism! Its very simple really. I keep recalling a memory that makes me smile. So today, when I had one child clinging to me crying and another eating her snotty boogers while complaining that her nose hurts, I reflected on the happenings of a few days ago....

Piper and Taitum were playing together in the living room as I was cooking supper. They had found their Daddy's favorite hat and were taking turns putting it on and laughing hysterically at each other. They came out to show me and I laughed with them and took some pictures of their silliness. When it was Taitum's turn to wear the hat, Piper hooted, "Look, Mama! Taitum is a boy!" We made a big deal of how funny and crazy that was and then I went back to what I was doing in the kitchen. The girls continued to play their new found game and I listened in to their chatter. Suddenly, I heard Piper yell to Taitum, "Man! Good girl, man! Good girl!"

And so the smile that I had on my face in that moment, graced my face once again and made me thankful for how the good times make the bad ones much more bearable!



No comments:

Post a Comment