Sunday, November 28, 2010

Angel giving tree.

So I found out that The Salvation Army pairs up with JCPenney's to offer online Angel adoptions for Christmas called the Angel Giving Tree.  You can adopt children or senior citizens who are in need.  It doesn't cost to adopt but you get a list of the child's needs and wants.  You can adopt someone in your area, or someone across the country.  It doesn't say names... just age and location.  

I adopted my angel yesterday.  I'm not saying that I have everything I need.  But I feel SO very blessed and fortunate to have so many people who want to help our family.  And all our family needs this Christmas is a miracle of healing for Tripp, so all I can ask for is prayers.  But if I could have ONE Christmas wish it would be for everyone I know to adopt someone in need this year.  Either here at the Angel Giving Tree, or by going to your local church and asking for a family to adopt, or however you can help make Christmas a little more special for someone in need.  It breaks my heart to think that there are children who don't get anything at all for Christmas, when Tripp has 457 toys just lying around.  You don't have to get anything big... just maybe a doll, or some toy trucks.  Or even a t-shirt or a pair of shoes.  I know it will make you feel good this Christmas.  It made me feel good:)

But on a "Tripp" note, I'm starting to think he is nocturnal.  He likes to sleep all day so he can stay up all night.  And in the mornings when I "think" he's about to get up... I'll ask him, "Do you want to get up?" or "Do you want to rock-rock with Mommy?"  And he will most of the time get mad and turn to the other side, usually trying to slap me out of his face.  Poor man knows how bad it hurts to get up and start moving around so most of the time I have to drag him out of bed before it's nighttime again!  Then most days it will take him awhile after getting out of bed to actually want to try to sit up and play.  His eyes are hurting him so bad... he's still been pretty much hit or miss these days.  Sometimes you can tell he can't do a thing because his eyes bother him, and other times (especially after bath) he can play, dance, or throw a fit with the best of them.  

Gosh, I love him.  Some days (mostly morning or night when I'm laying next to him) I'll watch him with his poor squinchy eyebrows and his knees pulled up to his chest in pain.  Or worse, when he flops around like a fish because you can tell he's itching somewhere and can't scratch.  And don't even get me started on bath time.  That is just awful and we all (Tripp, mom and I) have to mentally prepare ourselves for it.  

Most of the time it really gets to me that I can actually be strong enough to watch my baby in so much pain.  I know that I have to be and that I don't have any other choice, but sometimes I just feel "cold."  This whole disease plays games with your emotions, you guys have probably figured that out by now.  But it's just weird to me that I can actually do all the things that I have to do to Tripp, and cause him SO much pain.  I WANT to break down and cry, don't get me wrong.  But it's like I'm just numb- going through the motions.  I don't know, it's hard to explain.  But I do know that I would literally give my life for him to never hurt again.  

But on a brighter note, I get to spend all day with...

 "Dr. Tripp."  



These pictures are WITH numbing drops in his eyes 
(shhh... don't tell his eye doctor)- "quality of life" is my motto:)

OH, and I almost forgot!!  Tripp learned how to say "book" today.  And it's just about the cutest thing I've ever seen.  I will try to get it on video soon.  It makes us so proud when he learns a new sign.  It's so cute to see him watching us so closely and then trying to mimic us.  
I don't know how you can love one kid SO much. 

Love,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment