Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My little Monkey.

Hi guys... I wanted to give an update since I've been busy doing EB Awareness posts:)  Tripp has been hit or miss- good days/hours and bad days/hours.  Honestly, each minute can mean something different for him lately.  He is still on the morphine (around the clock again within the past few days because of his corneal abrasions).  His eyes are just POURING tears and constantly draining.  But thank God he is still opening them (there goes my jinx, I'm sure).  Anyway... I am patiently waiting to hear from the eye doctor about when we can get another OR room to put his contact back in and trim some of this tissue that's pretty much trying to cover half of his eye.  SO- whenever they call with a room- we go.  Until then, I give morphine and motrin and eye ointment.  Last time we did bloodwork, his WBC (indicates infection) was still very elevated.  So I want to contribute him STILL feeling yucky to an infection somewhere that we didn't treat.  He still runs some low grade temps at times when I catch him in between motrin doses.  I personally think that he probably needs IV antibiotics... but that thought makes me nauseous.  So we will probably be doing some more bloodwork soon, I would think.  I haven't talked to Dr. Defusco lately... but I'm sure I will soon. 

OH- I almost forgot-- When I weighed him today, he was 20 lbs, 8 oz.  Yay!  This is good (for him-remember, that is what he weighs with at least 2 pounds of bandaging on). But, it means he's putting some of the weight back on that he lost all of those weeks he was SO sick.  Please pray that this continues- he has A LOT of catching up to do... skinny little thang. 

But anyway, these are some videos that I've taken within the past 1-2 weeks when I can catch him in a good mood:)  Hope you enjoy... and ignore my irritating voice (if I could mute them, I would. ugh).  

This is what poor Mommy gets when she asks him for a kiss:( 
Rotten little boy.


Signing "hat"... but only when you tell him not to.
Again, rotten little boy.


Swinging.


Bowling.


Love,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment