Thursday, December 16, 2010

Snowday Tidbits...

    A pic of us taken on this exact day last year!
  • The snow hit, as the weather people predicted it would, so not typing up sub plans yesterday wasn't in vain.  However, the bad news is that the reason I was taking off was to see my spritely little elf sing in his preschool's Christmas Pageant.  Since they operate on the same snow day schedule as the county I teach in, that meant that Becks' school was cancelled too. Boo.  They're rescheduling after the new year.
  • I've had a productive - but lazy -  kind of day.  I started the crockpot around 10am this morning, and the savory smell of stew is making my house smell perfectly delicious. I can hardly wait until 5pm :)  When Becks gets up we're making chocolate chip cookies to really round out the snow day smorgasbord.  Yum.
  • I bought myself some birthday gifts (because isn't that what we all do, ladies?) from NY&Co, including tall yoga pants.  These, believe it or not, are very hard to come by.  And for $14.97 a piece, I'll take three please.  {FYI: Everything is 40% off today and when you use a code you can get $50 off a purchase of $100.}
  • Many of you have asked about my WIWW posts.  Honestly, I've been so busy {and forgetful!} that I haven't been snapping pics of my outfits daily...or even for the past month!  Maybe I'll be back on the WIWW train during holiday break :)
  • Today, I've built, put away, and rebuilt several looping train tracks throughout the living room.  Right when we clean everything up, Becks wants to play with them again.  Figures.
  • In case you missed my edit, the headband headwarmers were made for me by a girl from church.  However, there are plenty of Etsy retailers who I'm sure would love your business!
  • I may lose followers for this admission, but it's a risk I'm willing to take (and I think most of you probably already know about my MTV reality show addiction).....I might have also taken 2 minutes of my time today to watch the trailer of Teen Mom 2, which is looking like it's going to be a pretty entertaining season.  Love it.
  • I spent about 30 minutes trying to locate a personalizable bean bag chair for Becks for Christmas, not realizing that omiword these things cost upwards of $100!  Any suggestions, friends?
  • If you haven't already, check out my Headband Headwarmer Giveaway posted below! 
  • I wrapped 24 Junie B. Jones books today to give to my firsties tomorrow - if we even have school.  Truly, though, I do want school to be in tomorrow because no teacher wants to have a Christmas party the first day back to school after the holidays (which our principal has asked us to do if we're cancelled tomorrow!  The horror!). 
  • I got my first birthday card in the mail today, among a half-dozen Christmas cards.  I love getting the mail in December.
Happy Snow Day, blog buddies!

No comments:

Post a Comment