Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Soooo not an exciting post.

It took everything out of me to come out of my Christmas jammies to go to Target this morning.  I have been 200% content to wear them for four days straight.  They're comfortable, cozy, and Christmasy.  So, there will be no What I Wore Wednesday posts anytime soon, seeing that I would be posting this same picture for 4/7 of the week.

More humorously, Becks did wear Christmas jammies to Target {at his request} and he was still sporting a bedhead poof that rivaled Snooki's. Ain't no shame in our game. 


Despite being in perpetual sleepwear, I have had a rather productive and accomplished past few days.  I had to stage an immediate intervention upon returning from our holiday festivities because I could no longer take the chaos that was our house.  Please tell me that you can relate this disaster:

So I cleaned.  And cleaned.  And cleaned some more.  {It helped that a friend was coming to visit early on Monday morning!  Thanks, Kate!}  Then I organized, organized, organized.  

Hellllllllooooooooo, clean and lovely pantry. 

I even hung this spice rack my very self, thankyouverymuch. 

And then I decluttered.  And when I say decluttered I mean that I went through every closet in the house and rid ourselves of anything we haven't worn, seen, or played with in the past year.  Seven black garbage bags, y'all.  SEVEN.  Plus, two comforters that wouldn't fit.  I was going to save it all up for a garage sale, but I decided since I like Goodwilling for other people's stuff, someone out there might be Goodwilling for what I have. 

Amidst the things I sent to be thrifted were this pair of Abercrombie & Fitch Chelsea Jeans circa 2004. 

 They were a college relic that have been holding onto for posterity, I guess.  I contemplated keeping them and even tried them on yesterday before I tossed them in the bag.  The good news: they still fit!  The bad news: they did not look like anything I remembered them looking like when I was a junior at UK.  They sagged in the heiny and just looked pretty much awful {thank you, post-baby body}.  So, away they went. 

I'm out - this cutie pie is wailing through the monitor:  I wanna hoooooold you, mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment