So one of my super-great blog readers, Debby, sent me an e-mail about doing a fundraiser for Tripp. She is an Independent Consultant for a company called "Thirty-One Gifts" (www.mythirtyone.com/drhodes). The company is based on Proverbs 31 - the virtuous woman. They sell many products that aid women in their many roles...wives, mothers, and the workforce. She offered to donate 15% of her proceeds from January 1st - January 11th (hints the name- "Tripp's #1 Fundraiser because of the ones- 1/1/11-1/11/11). I thought it was such a cute name and cute idea.
So, I wanted to give you all a head's up in case you want to participate. I feel guilty even putting this on my blog, first of all after Christmas, and second of all- after everyone has done so much for us already. But just in case you are "online shopping" anyway or need a cute birthday present for someone or just want to shop for something cute for yourself- you can check out this website http://www.mythirtyone.com/DRhodes. The actual "fundraiser" doesn't start until the 1st. But you can shop around before then if you want. Debby will have a link on the website that you can click to make sure that 15% goes to Tripp.
The directions for the fundraiser are below- it may seem like a lot, but it's not that bad. And all the items are SUPER cute! I'm so appreciative that so many people want to help us. I'm somewhat at a loss for words, really. I can't get over the amount of support that I've gotten from our local community and from people across the country. I am SO super excited about all the awareness that's being spread about EB!
I met the priest from St. Joseph Parish in Paulina, LA today- Fr. Mark. He came to the house to meet Tripp and I. He is such a nice man. He told me something about Tripp that I will never forget. He told me that he once read somewhere that people who are given such crosses to bear as this one (EB), have such great big souls. He said that people like Tripp come into the world KNOWING what kind of cross they are going to bear- and knowing, already, the pain they will have to endure. Just as Jesus came into the world already knowing the pain that He would have to endure for our sins.
I'm not trying to compare Tripp to Jesus. I just can't help but think, though, that he is carrying this "EB" cross for us. Just think how many lives he's touched by all the pain and suffering that he has to endure. Jesus was sent to Earth in human form by God, to suffer and die to save our sins and open the gates to eternal life. And like Jesus, I don't think Tripp is going to leave this world until he has finished the mission that he was given. I don't know what that mission is, and I don't know if I will ever know. But I learn something new about my Catholic religion and my faith each and every day. And it always seems that each time I learn something new, I can connect it to our situation. I know that it's God's doing and I know that He gave Tripp to me so that my faith would be restored and so that my eyes can be opened and I can spread his Word. And that's what I plan on doing. Spreading His Word, and trying with everything I have left in me to live my life like He did- for others.
I have been so blessed through this horrible situation and I can't wait for the day that I can give back. I don't exactly know how I will give back, but I plan on giving a little back each and every day, little by little.
Here are the directions for "Tripp's #1 Fundraiser" that Debby gave me to post:
Starting on January 1st:
1. Click on this link to go to the Consultant's website: http://www.mythirtyone.com/DRhodes/.
2. The easiest way to see all the items is to click on View Our Catalog link at the top of the screen.
You may choose to look at either catalog. The Fall catalog is the main catalog, the Gift Guide is a small additional catalog with different items. You may order items out of both catalogs on the same order.
3. Keep a running list of the items and item numbers you are interested in purchasing. Pages 37-41 of our Fall Catalog (and pages 14-15 of the Gift Guide) contain pictures of each item and shows them in all available patterns.
4. When you're ready to order, go back to the Consultant's website by clicking here: http://www.mythirtyone.com/DRhodes/.
5. Click on My Events (under Debby's name and phone number).
6. Click on Shop Now.
8. Type in the Item Number or Description of the item you wish to purchase and click on the magnifying glass to search. When the item comes up, click on it to see details of the item and to choose the fabric and personalization (if desired).
9. When you click on Checkout, you will be taken to this screen. Fill out all of your shipping information. PLEASE NOTE: IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU DO NOT CHECK THE BOX FOR SHIP TO HOST. IF there is an X in that box, click on it so that it disappears. Otherwise, your products will go to Debby (in Illinois) and you will be responsible for paying her to ship your items to you!
10. Click on Save and Continue.
11. Double check your order and shipping information, then click on Pay for Order. You will be taken to the Payment Screen.
12. On the left side of the screen, click on Credit Card Payment This will take you to the Payment screen. As you fill out your Credit Card Information, note that on the left side of the screen, it shows your outstanding balance. Type this number on the right side of the screen next to Amount. When you're done, click on Save Payment.
13. Your final step is to click on Submit Order. Your order is not sent to Debby until you click that button!
Tripp's event will end on 1/11/11. Orders typically leave the warehouse 1-2 weeks after events close, as long as items are in stock.
There is contact information for Debby on her website home page if you have any questions, I'm sure she'll be happy to walk you through this. She has been so nice to want to do this for us. Thank you again, Debby. I'm so excited to spread more awareness about Tripp and EB!