Tuesday, January 25, 2011

12 Kinds of Exhausted

Tonight, I am - you guessed it - 12 kinds of exhausted.  I had the second of two yearly-observations this morning, a necessary evil of being an untenured teacher.  In all honesty, it's not the observation that I mind.  It's the planning and preparation and pressure of the lesson that really takes it out of me.  I'm slightly a type-A personality, so everything has to be, in a word: perfect.  And while I had the idea for my observation lesson in mind all along, it wasn't until last night that my creativity really started kicking in and I was up until 1am polishing off my activities and resources.  Combine that with MAP testing for an hour, plus a conference with a parent, and all the bribes I had to bestow upon my firsties to get them through the day without turning into whackadoos and you've got ONE TIRED TEACHER.  And if it gives you any idea just how tired I am, I'm probably going to have to DVR Teen Mom 2.  That's tired, you all.

Becks and B are at the Depot, buying who knows what.  I'm kind of just enjoying the quiet, and another episode of House Hunters.  Happy Wednesday, ya'll :)

{If I magically get a second wind, I'll be posting a super fun activity!  If not tonight, then hopefully tomorrow! }

No comments:

Post a Comment