Sunday, January 23, 2011

Busy, busy!

Oh mah word, we have had a busy weekend.  The kitchen isn't complete, so don't get excited.  We're working on a DIY schedule, which means that progress is regularly interrupted by we-don't-know-what-the-heck-we're-doing moments.  So, we have to call on the experts.  The experts being B's dad and Matt, my brother-in-law, and of course Google.  {Please note: My husband is also an expert and is single-handedly attacking this kitchen with more know-how than I could even imagine having.  He's kind of awesome like that.}

When it finally stopped snowing, our super sweet built-in electrician {i.e. Matt} came over to move and add new outlets to the kitchen, and B and his dad made it out to Lowes to exchange half of what we bought last Monday.  Measurements were a wee bit off.  The drywalling is almost complete, with one more round of joint-compound to go on  tomorrow (it takes fo-eva).  I'm going to quit saying we're going to paint and do the floors because every time I think it's going to happen, it doesn't. 

*****

In other news, my son has created a new dance that we've coined the Booty-Shaker.  It looks a little something like this: 

Kid's got moves.  Probably from watching his momma belt it out to Britney into a hairbrush.

I, too, was doing the Booty-Shaker when I saw how many of you have ordered my Clipboard Classroom Activities at TpT.  THANK YOU!!!!  I mean, I was 12 kinds of excited to sell one, but y'all made me more like 1200 kinds of excited!  Again: thank you, thank you, thank you!

We also celebrated my nephew Sutton's birthday this weekend.  As if it weren't enough to have one crazy two-year-old boy in our family, now we have two!  And boy do those boys keep us busy.  My sister and I already talk about the crazy shananigans we're going to get calls about in a few years. 




I hope y'all had a great weekend!  Have a super week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment