Sunday, January 16, 2011

Chocolate Avacado Goodness!



I made these this evening and just couldn't wait to tell you all about them! Initially, I just wanted to use up an avacado that I had bought for a lunch this week but it ripened faster then I expected. So I flipped through my Deceptively Delicious cookbook and came across a Chocolate Cupcake recipe that called for 1 cup of avacado. Having only one avacado, I halved the recipe and got to work. In went the avacado puree, in went the sugar, in went the vanilla and balsamic vinegar...when all of a sudden I realized I had no eggs! Mad at having forgot that I needed eggs and had just wasted a perfectly good avacado I was about to toss it all when one word popped into my head: "Google!" (What did people do before Google?!) So I searched alternatives for eggs and came across the suggestion of using a half a banana! Well, bananas I did have so I figured why not give it a try! I beat together the rest of the ingredients, threw it in the oven and 10 minutes later, out came the yummiest, most delightful little cupcakes! So moist, so chocolate-y!

The biggest fan was Taitum since she got to lick the beater for the first time ever since there were no eggs in it! Now that is one happy camper!



I highly recommend buying or borrowing this cookbook! So far I have LOVED the recipes in it! And if your kids are picky about vegetables this is a great way to sneak them in! Even if they're not, we could all do with a few more veggies in our diet!

No comments:

Post a Comment