Friday, January 7, 2011

Preparation is the Name of the Game

We've officially been on break for 2 weeks today! Monday we will be returning to 'normal' with Matt back to work and Piper, Tait and I back to our daily routine. I think we are all looking forward to it but one little girl especially...

At supper last night as we were eating, Piper excitedly exclaimed, "Look, Mama! I made 'A'!" The poor child has so been deprived of her academic studies that she has resorted to playing with her food! :) I think she really has missed our school time though. Everyday of our break she has been asking to 'do school'. I take it as great encouragement that she enjoys it so much that she misses it! Needless to say she is looking forward to Monday morning!

I have been busy preparing for the month ahead by planning a snowman theme for the next 3 weeks as well as some new Tot school activities I came across on some new Montessori blogs I've found! As well, I have our menu plan done for the whole month! I'm pretty excited about this! Its nice to not have to think about what's for supper for the next 4 weeks (or breakfast or lunch for that matter!). I'll still do my weekly grocery shopping trip since we buy enough fresh produce that that is necessary but my lists are ready to go! I'll fill in snacks weekly simply so that I can assess what we still have at the end of the week and use that up in an affort to reduce waste and overspending. However, it is my goal to make more healthy, homemade snacks so I'll be trying out a new recipe each week! So stay tuned! I can't wait to share all our new adventures with you!

I'll leave you with some links of sites I am using for our homeschooling plans and menu plans for this month. Hopefully, they can be as helpful for you as they have been for me!




No comments:

Post a Comment