Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snowy Days, Chasin' the Clouds Away...

I would like to tell you that I have spent my Snow Days {2 in a row!} being extremely productive and accomplished. 

But I totally have not. 

I have been about twelve kinds of lazy, and besides playing in the snow with Beckster I really haven't done much else.  In fact, my primary focus yesterday was whether or not we'd be off again today :)  I was probably refreshing the school closings page multiple times an hour, and checking my phone just as frequently to make sure I didn't miss the all-call from our district.  Admittedly, I'm even crossing my fingers for at least an hour delay in the morning. 


In other news, grad school started again this week, and I actually had to go on campus tonight.  So. Wierd.  Mostly because I'm like 10 years older than the youngest students on campus, and I wonder how out of place I look.  The good news is that about every female on campus was wearing leggings and Uggs, so I fit in from the waist down.   The better news is that the campus is now equipped with a Starbucks, so I at least I can be an old maid with a cool cup of coffee.

The kitchen progress is slow.  We have a lot of wall repair to do before we can move onto painting, and anyone with an older home can attest to the fact that plaster walls are not the most cooperative.  {Remember, when I say "we," what I really mean is B.}  A friend's husband is coming tomorrow to transfer our gasline to the opposite side of the kitchen, so that's something.  And our new fridge is in.  I'm going to name him Stan, which is French for Stainless Steel, I think ;)  My most pressing issue right now is whether to go with Metro Mist of Clothesline Fresh.  Hmmmmmm.  I think I need another Snow Day to help me decide.
Je m'appelle, Stan.


Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment