Thursday, January 13, 2011

Target is My Frenemy.

I feel so Gossip Girl using the word Frenemy.  But it's true.  I have a love/hate relationship with that store.  I love it for the same reasons you do: the cheap popcorn and coke combos, the Dollar Spot, the cute polka-dotted diapers, and the varied assortments of cheap but quality everything. 

I hate it for all those same reasons.  I cannot escape that store with the only select few items on my list.


Anyway, tonight I needed a little stability in my life.  My house is a disaster and I just couldn't stand the chaos for another second. The dishes in the bathtub, the stove sticking out like an awkward appliance in the dining room, and the vacant yet still totally ugly kitchen were all causing me to go 12 kinds of crazy. So, with B off at night class, Becks and I left in pursuit of men's deodorant and Maybeline's Blackest Black mascara.  Because a man without his deodorant isn't pleasant, but neither I am without the blackest black eyelashes. 

And Target...sweet and organized Target...with it's predictable red carts, ridiculously florescent lighting, and rows upon rows of orderly stocked shelves were just what I needed to feel a little more secure in life.  That and a half-Diet Coke, half-Dr.Pepper medium coke. 

We were there for almost two hours browsing the aisles, eating popcorn, and taking pictures of my soon-to-be kitchen accessories. 

Take for example this gorgeous cast iron recipe holder.  Love it.  Too bad it's not equipped to hold my laptop since 99% of the recipes I use are from a dot com address and not the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. 


And this plastic tumbler.  For $1.99.  I want twelve.


I really love and adore this quilted bedspread, which will obviously not go in the kitchen.  But still.


All in all, I walked out with my mascara, a three-pack of Right Guard, and a random pair of legwarmers for a spirit wear day.  And a couple random Dollar Spot items.  And a three-pack of hoop earrings.  See?  Frenemies.

No comments:

Post a Comment