Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Fun Valentine Idea!

Here is a great idea I came across at Granola Mom 4 God: Loveys! (She got the idea from Muthering Heights' February Love Challenge for Moms) This is what it entails:

This week, delight your child by serving them their favorite treat in place of a normal snack. As they savor the treat, regale your little one with a “surprise” story about their life in which they were a surprise treat for you, such as the day you found out you were pregnant, your birth story, something they did as a baby, etc.  Watch their excitement as they receive this surprise…and marvel at your spontaneous display of love!

I think this is a fabulous idea and one I plan on implementing next week as it is our Valentine week! I think I'll plan a lovey for each morning or afternoon snack since I know Piper loves to hear stories about memories I have of her and Taitum!

I just thought I'd share it with all you Moms out there who might be interested in doing something special too!

No comments:

Post a Comment