Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Meet the Teacher!


My bloggy BFF is doing a fun Teacher linky!!!  And I'm playing along, too :)

If you want to link up, check out sweet Cara at The First Grade Parade.

This is me.  Babbling Abby.  Or just Abby.  Abs if we're thisclose. I love my family, God, teaching, Diet Coke, and finding your old pair of designer jeans at Goodwill.  I long for dinner and drinks with my girls, springtime when local neighborhoods open up their yards and garages to sell me their cast-offs, and for summer nights up north in Michigan. 

B and I have been married for almost five years and have one little pumpkin named Beckham.  We're amidst a kitchen remodel and always DIY.  I want to have another baby soon-ish.

I graduated from the University of Kentucky (C-A-T-S!) with a bachelor's in psychology, and then went back to school for a second bachelor's in elementary education.  I'm currently pursuing a master's in education with a concentration on administration.  I graduate in December (PTL!). 

This is my 3rd year teaching - I taught half-day kindergarten for two years and looped this year to be a first grade teacher.  I {heart} first grade.  It's my fav and I hope I stay there for awhile.

{...Q & A...}

Q: What would you be doing if you weren't teaching? 
A: A stay-at-home mommy, no question.

Q: What are your hobbies?
A: Teaching, writing, blogging, thrifting.

Q: When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A: A teacher!  Seriously, I called it in first grade.

Q: What are your guilty pleasures?
A:  Diet Coke, Teen Mom 1 & 2, Jersey Shore, blogstalking.

Q: What is your biggest fears?
A: Leaving my boys behind if anything every happened to me.  And, I'm terrified of being in a car accident.

Q: When you're on vacation, where do you like to go?
A: Glen, Arbor Michigan at the Homestead Resort.  Love. It.  OR at my parent's Lakehouse :)

Q: What's the best adviced you ever received?
A: Be confident. Trust in who you are.  Rise above those who try to bring you down.  Turn the other cheek.  Let go and let God.

Q: What do you value most in others?
A: Sincerity and realness.  Being genuine is key to me.

Q: If you could choose one of your personality traits to pass on to your children, what would it be?
A: My enthusiasm :)  I get excited about everything!

Q: If you could have lunch with anyone - living or dead - who would it be?
A:  All of my college girlfriends - preferably at K-Lair ;)  {And I'm totally coming to the lunch that Cara's setting up with Deanna, too!!!!  Just tell me where and when ladies and I'll hop on a plane!  Not kidding!}

Q: Now, tell us one thing about yourself:
A: Abby isn't my real name.  It's a nickname for Abigail, which is my middle name.  I kept all of my names when I got married inluding my 2 first last names (long story!), so my legal name is W_______ Abigail S________ K________  M___________.  Ridiculous, no?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment