Friday, February 11, 2011

WWL Channel 4 story

Great news.  The local news station here- WWL Channel 4, will be airing a story on Tripp.  It will be appropriately titled "Angel Baby."  It will not be a documentary type story on EB (that's not what this station does), it will simply be a story on the joys and sorrows of Tripp's life and what he endures each day.  Tripp's wonderful pediatrician made it to the house that day to do an interview as well.  Randy was working, and Randy's mom was out of town.  So it was my mom, Dr. Defusco, and I. 

The story will air on Tuesday, February 15th at 10pm.  There will also be advertisements throughout the weekend- and they are even working on getting an advertisement during the Grammy Awards... which I thought was pretty cool:)  So keep your eye out for my cute little man.  And a fair warning: During my interview, I thought I was going to be answering questions about Tripp's disease, however I was caught off guard when Mr. Bill started asking me things like, "What do you pray for at night?" and "How strong is your little boy?"  So... there may or may not be some tears flowing.  I just couldn't help it. 
Also, for those of you who are not in this area... the story will also be on their website: http://www.wwltv.com/
I'm not sure when or how long it will be there though, so when I know more I will let you know.

Since I have started Tripp on 2 oral antibiotics, nebulized breathing treatments, and oxygen... he's been feeling A LOT better.  Though like I always say- blogging about it could change things... But he's been having some pretty good days.  Playing and being the little ham that he is.  He had an awesome day yesterday visiting with his Daddy, and then had a really good bath.  He even got in his walker yesterday after bath for about 30 minutes... which hasn't happened in about 3 months.  I was in heaven.  I am stealing an awesome quote from a good friend-
 "Imagine waking up tomorrow with only the things you have thanked God for today." (thanks Aly:) 
I love this.  And I often get so caught up in the moment when Tripp has a good day, that I forget to thank God for it.  This definitely makes me realize that I too often pray to God for good days, and then put Him on the back burner when things turn "good" for us.  Something I need to work on. 

  But I will end with these precious pictures from the past 3 days.  His eyes can be a little deceiving... they are open wide, but overgrown with tissue:(  Though he still finds a way to play and get exactly what he wants!






SMILE for bath! Look close- because it might not ever happen again:)


"Snapping with Maw Maw Pat"


Love,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment