Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Boooooring.

I am really very blah lately.  I blame it on the weather. Or work. We might as well throw the kitchen remodel in there, too.  (Just because I'm looking for a scapegoat to mask the real truth: PMS.  Hmph.)

The good news is that Spring Break is nine days away.  And I'm hoping to stage a little intervention.  It would also be helpful if God would send sunshine and 70 degree temps to the Bluegrass State, too. 

My intervention will include several trips - to the Lakehouse, to Target, to Starbucks, and to Goodwill.  Because finding a treasure while thrifting always cheers me up, preferably with a latte in hand.

My intervention will also include me and Cory the Corian.  In the same room.  Cooking together.  Working together.  Laughing about how it was all worth it in the end, and how I will never eat another boxed meal as long as we both shall live, amen.  I will swear off Healthy Choices forever, and promise to make homemade goods for life. 
She likes lattes, too.

However, that is not going to happen: a) because sometimes I'm lazy and Healthy Choices often taste pretty good (have you had the Asian Potstickers?!  YUM) and b) the Depot is taking their precious time setting up the installation process.

If the kitchen's not complete, hopefully the deck will be.  {Yup, that was a deck sketch a few posts back.}  A girl can hope, right?

Well, like I said, I'm pretty boring-ish.  So I'm off to eat my weight in ice cream :P

No comments:

Post a Comment