Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Questions About Lent

After a relaxing and enjoyable vacation visiting family, I am back from my little hiatus! You'll see some pictures of what the girls and I were up to in the days to come but for now I wanted to share a post I read today: Why Do Lent?. This is beautifully written (as all of Ann Voskamp's posts are!) and a different way of looking at Lent, at least for me! After reading this, I'm pretty much convinced its a practice worth having on a yearly basis. I feel a little unprepared for it this year but plan on reading Lenten Lights and re-reading Treasuring God in Our Traditions. I'd really like to begin some kind of tradition in our family aimed at looking forward to Easter in the same way that we do with Advent. I'm just not totally sure how to go about that yet or what it should look like.

Do you have any traditions that incorporate your whole family in preparing for Easter?

What about Lent? Do you participate? If so, what does that look like for you? Do you fast from something? If so, what? How do you choose? Does it have a spiritual purpose for you?

Lots of questions, I know. But I'm curious. Especially after reading Ann's post. I never thought of Lent as a time of realizing your desparate need of a Saviour.


Editted to add this awesome perspective in regards to Lent: 41

No comments:

Post a Comment