Friday, March 11, 2011

Tripp the Trooper.

Hi there.  My little man has been doing okay.  It seems like this is what's going to be his "norm."  Not feeling super great, but being able to stand up and play when he is feeling okay, after his morphine.  Of course he is still dealing with the same mouth and eye issues, and also with a few more blisters on his torso area (I'm dreading the hot summer because they'll be popping up like crazy, inside or not).  But mom and I are actually getting the hang of things... We're kind of exhausted, but finally getting into somewhat of a "routine" since the transition.  Thank the good Lord for my mother... I honestly don't know what I would do without her.  She has been by my side every single day since Tripp has been born.  And now, living here... she's doing just as much as I'm doing.  I can't imagine what my stress level would be doing this 24-7 by myself.  I take that back- it would be humanly impossible to do this by myself.  Especially since we have to trade off to go to the bathroom!  And some people might say, "Well she's your mom, she has to do it"... but she doesn't HAVE to do it... especially with the patience and unconditional love that she does it with.  So THANKS mom.  I don't tell you that enough.   

So Tripp's "Angel Baby" broadcast was sent to Louisiana Public Broadcasting by WWL Ch 4.  And they loved it, so they want to air it themselves.  It will run TONIGHT statewide on WYES and WLAE.  I THINK it will run around 7 pm.  But you can check their website http://www.lpb.org/ to find out what time it will run on which channel.  It will be broadcasted on the segmemt called- Louisiana: The State We're In. 
So just in case you missed it, or want to watch it again.  I was just letting you know (a little late:). 

I also want to send out a BIG HUGE thank you for the enormous response that we received from the broadcast.  WWL was more than pleased with the 2000 hits they got to their website from this blog.  It's so heart warming to know that there are so many people who care so much about our little man.  Thank you for the donations, the kind words of support, and most of all the prayers that you all have been sending for Tripp and I.  I think it is very true that prayers work in numbers, so it is so touching to know that there are so many prayers going up for Tripp across the country (and even outside the country). 

I want to apologize to anyone who has sent me a message or an email that I haven't responded to.  I was always SO good about writing you write back, and then I got so backed up that I'm overwhelmed.  But please know that I get every email and every message, and it means the world to me to have the support system that I do.  All of your kind words literally carry me through each day and each week.  The positive words that you all send is like my therapy :)

My phone has been acting crazy lately and everytime I try to catch something that Tripp does on video, it either erases it, or cuts it off half way through. So I've been trying to get some video but it's not working great.  But here are some more snapshots of my little hot mess. 
There is no possible way that I could love anyone or anything as much as I love this kid.

Playing OUTSIDE of his "comfort zone!"  Lasted about 5 minutes, but we will take it!


Skyping with my Nanny!! Thank you technology. 






He has "soup" mouth in this one, but I wanted to put a close up of my poor baby's eyes.  So you can have an idea of what they look like.  This was last week I think.  They get a little worse each day :(










Love,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment