Thursday, April 21, 2011

Hi :)

We are still here! Tripp is fighting some type of SOMETHING.  I have no clue what.  We tried Augmentin and that tore up his stomach and wasn't helping.  Now we have been on Avelox (same family as Cipro) for about 6-7 days and he's still running a low-grade temp.  So now I'm thinking it's probably his poor mouth.  But I think he also has a yeast infection going on, so Dr. Defusco is going to start him on some Diflucan tomorrow.  And if that doesn't work, back on Clindamycin for his mouth.  And if that doesn't work... I'm out of ideas!  I don't think the fever is respiratory related or GI related because those areas seem to be okay right now.  So I guess we will just try one thing at a time and try to narrow the issues down.  He hasn't been horrible... just not his normal self.  Well, honestly, I don't think I know what his "norm" is anyway.  But I know he's not feeling good.  He's not wanting to play, he's stiff like you can tell he's got "body aches," and his sores look bad.  
I can just tell when something's up. 
 I know my little man:)

I wanted to let everyone in on the decision for Tripp's 2nd birthday, also.  I initially wanted to do something big (and of course it would have been here at my parents... Tripp hasn't left this house in MONTHS) and let the adults peek in at Tripp, and the kids stay outside and play.  But I talked myself out of it.  Reasons being: 
1.  We've tried WAY too hard to keep germs away from Tripp, especially in this past year, so I just can't see how having a big huge birthday party with lots of people would be a good idea.
2.  I have WAY too much going on right now than to stress about planning a big birthday party (especially since I'm a little anal when it comes to that and everything would have to be perfect). 
3.  If I'm going to be honest, I don't think I'm in the "state of mind" to watch a ton of healthy kids running around in the yard when Tripp probably won't even get off of the rocking chair.  No offense, but the older Tripp gets, the harder it gets to see other kids:(

SO, I think we are just going to have something low-key with immediate family only and give Tripp A LOT of lovin' and kisses and presents:) That's what he would want anyway (minus the lovin' and kisses:)  I think he will be happy with that.  And I think it will be the best thing for him and for everyone.  

I can't believe my little man is going to be TWO.  
What a blessing.  
The toughest, but most rewarding and most special two years of my life.  


Look at those cheeks!  I see a little steroid moon-pie face coming on:)
To me, nothing could be cuter!


My little musician fell asleep with his shaker:)


My wonderful aunt Sharon who lives in Pensacola came to visit this past weekend.  And she brought me the most amazing surprise.  Without me knowing, she had contacted one of my awesome blog readers, Holly Stokes.  Holly is from Queensland, Australia and she is obviously SUPER talented.  My aunt went to her blog (please visit it HERE) and asked her if she would mind drawing a sketch of Tripp for me.  So she drew THREE- free of charge- shipped them all to my aunt herself- and even framed one for me.  Then my aunt framed the other 2 for me, and brought them all here:)
I am IN LOVE with them.  
Holly- these are pictures that I will treasure for the rest of my life.  They are absolutely beautiful.  You are so talented and truly appreciate you taking YOUR time to do this for me. They are all three hanging over my bed where Tripp and I sleep:)  Thank you, Thank you!!
Thank you aunt Sharon for this gift I will have forever:) 
You know how much I love you!
And here they are....
(they are pictures of a copy of the originals... so sorry about the poor quality.  But they are GORGEOUS)




Love,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment