Monday, April 11, 2011

Update.

Tripp's good days have lessened just a little in the past week.  We started him on an antibiotics again- I could tell his mouth was swollen and bothering him really bad.  And also his little sores around his neck start to drain a lot where you can tell they're infected.  I started Augmentin on Friday, and usually within the first few days, he starts to feel great... but they aren't working like they usually do.  He is still managing to play and show off a bit, but I can tell that he's still hurting a lot more than normal.  He's also got belly problems from them this go round, even on his super duper probiotics.  So when you have to change him so much more often... he's NOT a happy camper. 

But now are you ready for the best news EVER??  I finally got him a prescription for Versed for bath time!!  Versed is given to children before medical procedures or before anesthesia for surgery to cause drowsiness, relieve anxiety, and prevent any memory of the event.  Don't ask me why we haven't been giving it up until now, because once I asked his terrific doctors for it, I had the prescription the next day. I guess the only time I ever asked for it was in the hospital and the doctors there couldn't send it home with me.  Versed is what they give Tripp before all of his surgeries that makes him loopy and HILARIOUS.  And O MY GOODNESS... when I gave it to him Saturday for bath, he actually let me put him on the table without crying, sat up and let us unwrap his bandages, and then (prepare yourself) he was SHAKING HIS SHAKER in the bathtub.  I'm not kidding.  That has NEVER happened in the past two years.  Now, I may be a little ahead of myself with bragging about this, because today is bath day again, but hopefully this medicine will do the trick for each bath from now on.  I mean, don't get me wrong, he still cried... and you could tell the water still hurt him.  But he was so loopy that he would cry for a few seconds, then it was like he would forget and start playing again.  It did make him a little irritable when it was wearing off after bath, though.  But we have to pick our battles, I guess.  I will give him whatever it takes to make the bath time pain and anxiety go away.  
Thank you to Tripp's one of a kind doctors- Dr. Rodriguez and Dr. Defusco.

And through everything, he STILL manages to do this-


Here he figured out that he could pop open this toy on his head.  
Could it have made a blister... yes.  Can you tell him no... no.
He was CRACKING up... so were we :)
This laugh is what I LIVE for.


He recently discovered that he can make a new sound with his trach:)


That's why he's my HERO.

Also, I got the best surprise last week.  The girls from Dr. Agena's office (My OB who delivered Tripp) stopped by the house and brought me a huge basket filled with some pretty awesome and very generous surprises and goodies.  They also brought Tripp a basket and got to meet him as well.  He had just woke up so he wasn't interested at first, but right before they were leaving, he popped up and showed off for them.  So I want to give a big THANK YOU to Lyndsi, Tamie, Courtney, PJ and all the staff members at the North Oaks Ob/Gyn Clinic.  I was in awe at how thoughtful your gifts were.  I am so very grateful to you all.  





I think Tripp liked his basket, too:)
That's a smile, in case you were wondering. 




Love,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment