Monday, May 30, 2011

This kid is the BEST.

No hospital for us- we are still home!  I really have no words to describe how tough my little man is.  He possibly could be superhuman.  I do not know where he finds the strength to even smile, much less stand up and play.  His vision is gone... I don't think he can see anything anymore.  And his mouth is beyond horrible.  He lives with infection after infection, covered in raw open sores.  And he can still smile, laugh, play his drum, and cop an attitude with the best of them.  I'm so thankful that he's feeling well enough to play.  And as long as he's feeling well enough to play- we aren't going NEAR the hospital.
Here's a small look at where we've been and where we are now... :(

One month...

One year...


Yesterday... (check out that poor baby's eyes)


See what this horrible disease has done to my man??
I don't know how he still smiles that amazing smile!!!



He's such a miracle.  And to me, just as handsome as ever!

I am guessing the antibiotics helped him because the fevers have stopped and he's feeling well enough to play some during the day.  He finishes up the antibiotics tomorrow.  He's just been sleeping a whole lot lately.  And of course, has no type of schedule whatsoever.  Sometimes he will wake up at 2:00 in the afternoon, sometimes at 8:00 in the morning.  Sometimes he'll go to sleep at 2:00 in the morning, and other times he will get in his bed around 8-9 at night.  It all depends on how he's feeling, how well he sleeps without waking up through the night, and if he takes a nap or not during the day.  

Baths have been tolerable (of course I am not talking about the "water" part- that will NEVER be tolerable for Tripp, my mom, or me).  But the process of putting all the dressings back on has been pretty good the past few baths.  He's been quite the little clown- snapping, clicking his tongue, shaking his little booty... all the little cute things he does while listening to his music.  He instantly feels better after his baths.  He will play and play for sometimes hours after a bath.  His little personality is getting cuter and cuter every day.  Yes, he can be a tad bit mean sometimes... but put a hundred sores on you and take away your eyesight and see how nice you want to be:)  So what do we do when he's mean??  We laugh and encourage it:).... judge if you would like.  We may be creating a monster, but he's the cutest little monster I know. 

My mom is my hero.  Have I mentioned that?  I think a lot of times I take her for granted.  I know not everyone is fortunate enough to have a mom like I do- a mom that is supportive of you no matter what.   She would literally do anything for me.  And she HAS done everything for me these past 2 years.  Starting by driving to Norco (an hour there and an hour home) at least 6 days a week since Tripp was born to help me.  And then last July, welcoming Tripp and I into her home with open arms- no matter what kind of drama and obstacles came with us, while dropping everything to help me with Tripp 24/7 (which would be impossible on my own).  I just assume sometimes that every mom would do these things for their child, when that's not the case.  Thanks Mom- I know these past 10 months have been rough.  Thank you for listening, putting up with my mood swings, and most of all for trusting me enough to step back and let me learn from my own mistakes.  I know I tell you this every day, but it's the truth- I would be in a crazy house if it wasn't for you.  And I appreciate all the sacrifices you make for us. 

And here's some awesome news- between the two posts from Patrice on her blog last week, my last post, and all the people that have shared the Cannell Family's story on Facebook... they have raised approximately $8,000 in close to 10 days.  Their total amount of funds raised is over $16,000!  That is AMAZING.  But we cannot drop the ball yet- they still need around $20,000 more before they can take these boys home!!  SO Please if you haven't donated to this family yet, click 
and join all of us in bringing Carson and John home!!
Even if it's $5.00- every little bit helps!!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all of you who have donated. 
It will be because of you that these boys will have a new and better life. 
I can't wait to see and share pictures of them with their new family!!

Love,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment