Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I Like Her.


Where did my baby go?
I wonder as I watch her
Long legs hanging down from the kitchen chair
Head bent over serious colouring concentration
Intent on staying within the lines

She used to sleep in my arms
With those big puffy baby cheeks sticking out
And I'd cover them with kisses
Before placing her in her crib
All soft, sweet baby goodness

Now it is different
Instead there is a routine of
"Mama, can we talk one minute?"
And bedtime is filled with questions and answers
And giggles and prayers filled with thoughts that make we smile
There are still lots of kisses
Though on cheeks not quite so chubby
And its her arms that wrap all the way around me

But its all a happy-sad
Because she's my girl
Who is learning and growing
And filling my world with joy
Just like she has everyday since I knew she existed
I like her
And all she is becoming
My baby turned girl.

 
Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.
Psalm 127:3

No comments:

Post a Comment