Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Update

We are still here (I think)! 
Sorry I've been MIA, but finding the time or energy to blog lately is nearly impossible.  I just wanted to give you guys a brief update- Tripp is doing about the same.  He goes straight from the bed to the rocking chair and back to his bed- and that is what his days consist of.  Some days will be better than others, but even on a "good" day, he stays in the rocker and will give us some smiles. He is currently on the last oral antibiotic option (the strongest oral antibiotic we could get) and its still not helping with his pseudomonas.  He is literally covered in infection and yeast, which means he's constantly itching.  I've started the Tagament which has helped a little, but he is still so uncomfortable.  Baths are still unbearable.  He is constantly running fevers and recently having more and more new blisters popping up.  The area around his feeding tube is so raw and his feeding tube is leaking (going up in size won't help because it will only make the hole bigger). So there's nothing we can do- and feeding him or giving him his meds burns that area do bad that he cries and holds his belly each time. So it's been hard just getting enough nutrition in him to keep him gaining weight.  But he's a fighter, I'll tell you. He's not ready to give up... He's such a ham when he's feeling okay.

On a brighter note, you guys are doing an amazing job "Trimming Tripp's Tree!" Thank you all so so much- you are SO kind!  And most of you were right when you said we would need a bigger tree! I never thought we would get the response we did. You all are amazing and these ornaments are something I will treasure for the rest of my life.  It is so touching to see the people across the world who love and are praying for my little man.

Please continue to keep us in your prayers.  Like I said, I'm in the middle of some big decisions and I am trusting in God that He will guide me in the right direction to make the right choices.  I will be giving a more "lengthy" update on what has been going on with us next week! Just please bear with me and pray really hard:)

And as always, THANK YOU all for your support.  We are blessed beyond words.


P.S. If you would like to see pictures of Tripp's ornaments, I've been trying to keep up with posting them all on my Facebook page.  You can see them HERE.







Love,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment