Thursday, March 1, 2012

Catechism Kid

As part of our daily school time, the girls have been working on the first 3 questions of the Catechism for Young Children.
There are 145 questions so we are in no rush.
This will take years to accomplish!
The plan is to master a few before moving on to more.
So we've been reviewing the first 3 since September and are now ready to move on to the next few.
I think the catechism is an excellent way to teach our kids about important aspects of our faith.
The far more daunting task is aiding them in internalizing these truths - a work that I realize I cannot do apart from God's working in their lives.
But, alas, we will provide them with these truths, participate in the conversation these truths stir up, answer the questions they produce and, above all, pray our hearts out for our children!

Anyhow, I wanted to share this little video of Taitum answering her catechism questions.
As always, she participates in everything I work on with Piper.
Being the younger I honestly don't except the same abilities from her as from her older sister but she never ceases to amaze me.
Daily, I would ask her the question "Who made you?" and left it at that until one day, for the fun of it, I asked her all three questions.
I was surprised to discover that she was able to reply to each question without a problem!
She never ceases to amaze me!





Q. 1. Who made you?
A. God.

Q. 2. What else did God make?
A. God made all things.

Q. 3. Why did God make you and all things ?
A. For his own glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment