Sunday, March 11, 2012

Kallahan's Room Completed

When we bought the new house I knew that I wanted to go ahead and make Kallahan’s room more of a toddler room and do it completely different from Keeler’s room.   I mainly went with this idea because with Keeler he was out of the crib in about a year and I was excited to do something colorful and playful for my precious baby boy.  Since I knew I had more time, I spent a lot of time searching on Pinterest for ideas.  The two things that I knew I wanted to incorporate was the Alphabet Wall  and Organic Bloom Frames but both were so costly.  I was thrilled to learn that I could do both at a fraction of the cost via Etsy.  If you are unfamiliar with Etsy (or live under a rock, ha!) it’s an online marketplace full of homemade items.  I love it and envy the talents of so many artists.   

TheOwlepant - they were so great to work with! 
This weekend I put the final touches on the projects.  Sabra and I Decoupaged and framed the pictures.  
 Tyler made this little nightstand in high school in his shop class.  It was a lighter wood so he sanded it down a while back.  This weekend I finally had the time to paint it and slightly distress it…it was so easy and looks great. 

"Read me a story, tuck me in tight, say a sweet prayer, and kiss me goodnight,"

We also redid Kallahan’s letters to coordinate with his room and attached to his chair-rail.  


I am so happy with the end result.  
We hope this cool little cowboy loves his room because we sure love him!!  

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment