Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Cattle Branding

This past weekend was husband’s first cattle branding as a true business owner of TNT Cattle Co.  He has been working on his family’s farm/ranch for over five years but this past spring the business was passed down to him and his uncle, Troy.  I am so proud of my husband and we are looking forward to what the future holds.  
The annual cattle branding is always fun but a lot work.  This is when all the new spring calves are branded, marked with ear tags for identification, vaccinated & castrated.  We always have a lot of friends & family come out to help.  The branding ends with a large meal and social gathering.  As always, granny made a fabulous meal.  It was so good to spend time with everyone. 
My main focus during the branding was pictures.  I was a bit disappointed on how they turned out but you can see that it’s an awesome process.  It was so windy that everyone was covered in dirt and it was hard to focus as we were all trying to block from the wind and not eat so much dirt :)    
I'll close with a picture of Kallahan & me.  He's nicely sporting a baby slobber-tee and I am wearing Revlon's latest shade of colorstay dirtstay.
Photobucket
Eat Beef

No comments:

Post a Comment