Saturday, June 2, 2012

Cristen

One of the many perks of our new house is the location.  We are blessed to have the Edwards as neighbors now.  Their daughter Cristen has become one of our favorite friends.  She plays well with Keeler, helps me around the house (I don't even ask) and Kallahan just adores her.  This week Keeler walked across the street, rang their doorbell and asked her to come over and play – all by himself.  I of course was standing across the street coaching him along as he made his every move but you get the jest, my little cowboy is growing up and the neighbors will soon be nicknaming him Dennis the Menace, ha! 
Today was citywide garage sale day in our town.  Keeler and I got up early and went to about half a dozen sales before Tyler & the baby woke.  Later we ventured to the local farmer’s market and then downtown to some sidewalk sales.  It was a neat day in our little town.  We didn’t buy much but what we did we have enjoyed…some delicious pudding cookies – thanks Anita!  Keeler was the big spender at the garage sales coming home with a box of trucks and a helicopter.   
After we got home Cristen came over and spent the day with us.  You may have noticed that recently there have been some pictures of me in my blog and wondered how that is possible since we all know Tyler is always working.  Well, it's thanks of my new photographer Cristen!  She loves taking pictures but says she hates getting her picture taken.  
Late this afternoon a storm rolled into town and we were outside attempting to get shots of the lightening, I know real smart. I decided that it was the perfect time to get Cristen in front of the camera.  As Tyler took Keeler to pick up dinner, Cristen & I quickly raced inside, put a little makeup on her, she put on one of my little dresses and out we went. It was so much fun!
 We were all pretty impressed with how the shots turned out.  She is such a beautiful young girl.  I just love her and look forward to getting to watch her mature into a wonderful young lady.   

Photobucket

A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, 
and one of the best things you can be. - Douglas Pagels

No comments:

Post a Comment