Friday, October 5, 2012

Our visit to Sesame Street




My life is complete. 

I got to meet my son's Hero, whom I believe was one of the nicest men I've ever met. 
Kevin Clash (Elmo) didn't have to be on the set the day Mom and I met him.  He came in anyway to meet us and show us around.  He literally could not have been any more wonderful.  Even more so than I had imagined.  When we met, he acted like he had known us for years.  He introduced us to everyone on the set as "his friends." Many of the people whom he had already told Tripp's story to... who hugged us, offered their condolences, and treated us SO nicely. 
It really made me feel good to know that these people knew about my baby. 
It was truly special.  












We got to watch as they set everything up and then got to see them film part of an episode of Sesame Street.   It was such a great experience to see that.  
We also met Mr. Roscoe Orman, who has played "Gordon" since 1973. 
I KNOW most of you have to remember Gordon, right?!



Kevin was so patient with us, even as we tried to take 100 pictures of everything while they were trying to set up for the taping.  He made sure we got pictures of everything. 
We got to get in Oscar's garbage can... 



And we got to meet, Mr. Caroll Spinney, the man who has been the voice of Oscar the Grouch AND Big Bird since the beginning of Sesame Street. 
 I believe he is about to turn 79 years old.
It was amazing to watch him perform with Oscar.  


We got to meet the cute little Abby Cadabby, voice of Ms. Leslie Carrara-Rudolph, who is just amazing.  
She made us cry... because she was just so sweet. 



We also found the garden where Elmo taped the song about his
"Little Butterfly Friend."  


I want to send a HUGE thank you to Kevin Clash and everyone at Sesame Street who made this day so special for us.  And I especially want to thank Kimberly Sokol- the one who set all of this up and made this whole experience possible for us!  She worked with Kevin to get a time, she got us a car service to and from our hotel, and made sure everything was perfect.  
I am so grateful to all of you! 

 It was SUCH a special day. 
A day that I will never forget, and a day that I'm sure that Tripp shared with us. 

**KEEP GOING FOR THE POST ON THE 14TH ANNUAL MATS WILANDER TENNIS AND GOLF BENEFIT, too ** 
|
|
|
V

Love, 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment