Thursday, December 20, 2012

Random Thursday

Only 5 days until Christmas!  Are you ready?!  I’m almost there.  Yesterday I went and picked up all our stocking stuffers.  Since we live in a rural community are options are slim on shopping but I was so excited to discover toys: buy one get one 50% off.  This was nice for the little toys I needed for stockings.  Tyler and I finished wrapping presents last night.  We only have one gift to buy once we get to Amarillo and then we are DONE!  This year things have come together pretty well. I am so excited about several of the presents we are giving.
Today is Keeler’s Christmas party at school and then he is off for a few weeks.  My vacation starts on Friday afternoon and then I’m off until after the first of the year.  I know the time will fly but I’m looking forward to time with family and especially to making holiday memories with my little cowboys. 
A little random but I feel like I need to document it to make it real and to help keep my goal so here goes (drum roll please)... I have committed to a half marathon in May.  Recently, I have joined a small running group here in town.  It’s four other ladies and myself.  All of the girls are more “experienced” runners than myself but they are so supportive.  We all run at a similar pace and have gone on a few runs together, including a six mile long distance last weekend.  I never dreamed that I would be able to set such a lofty goal but I’m really excited.  I started a training plan this week.  It’s primarily 3 miles daily which I have been able to squeeze in on the treadmill before work and even before my little cowboys are awake.  I am keeping my fingers crossed the Christmas break doesn't interfere too much with my training plan.  Sorry mom but I'll be sneaking out the door between baking and opening presents to get a few miles in. :)    
------------------------------
I realized that I failed to post our recent family pictures.  

 About a month ago we tried to have a fun picture taking day.  We had great intentions.  My sister’s family, my parents, my in-laws and sister-in-laws family all met at my sister’s new house to embrace the camera!  The day was hectic.  The kids were not cooperative, some of the men were complaining, we were tired…the list goes on and on.  All you really need to know is the day did not goes as planned but for those that were there, we all know it will go down in history as the worst.picture.day.ever.  And for that reason, I really didn't want anything to do with the pictures after that day.  I edited a few and then forgot about them until my recent print order came in the mail.  And surprising I was really impressed with how well they turned out.  Many of them really melted my heart.  
Let me know what you think!  

No matter how uncooperative ours kids and hubbys are...we always love them.  We are so blessed.  That's why it's so important that we do embrace the camera occasionally.  To document.  I think these pictures mean more to me after last week.  Overwhelming feelings of sadness still fill my heart for something so senseless. My heart goes out to those in ConnecticutI truly feel privileged to have my two little cowboys, to be their mommy and to have a loving husband by my side.  
Photobucket


I’m going to borrow this from Casey, as it really spoke to me today. 
"When you decide to live out what you believe. When you decide you want peace in your possession, then you will find out what that looks like & feels like. You begin to pray for God to give you peace. You incorporate peace in your relationships. You decide to respond differently. You speak in love. Act in tenderness. You imitate what you know about peace until it becomes a reality for your character & your life."
"He restores what has been broken & heals what has been wounded. I don't have peace because I figured it all out. I have peace because I believe in Christ." excerpt from “A Beautiful Offering" 

No comments:

Post a Comment