Monday, February 18, 2013

Weekend Whoas!

This weekend we stayed very busy.  We had a 2-year-old birthday party on Saturday.  It was my friend Brandi's daughter's birthday.  She had a darling Minnie Mouse party.  Brandi asked me to design the invite which was so fun because it was so girly and unlike anything I ever get to do for my boys or for work.  
Speaking of design, did you notice my new blog header?    
 The party was a lot of fun for the little cowboys.  I remember going to her birthday last year and Kallahan stayed in the carrier most of the time.  Wow, how things change in a year!  He thought he was just as big as all the other kids.  He loved it and loved the cake!  
My friend Anne made Mayli's cake.  It was so cute - sorry for the blurry pic but you can check out Anne's blog here, she is so talented.   
Mayli got a little car for her birthday.  All the kids did very well taking turns and test driving the new ride.  Isn't it the cutest!  We just love Mayli Mouse, especially Kallahan :)
After the party, our family headed over to  visit  friend's that have moved about an hour and half away.  They moved around Christmas so this was the first time we got to see their new house.  We loved getting to catch up.  They have two little boys and always play well with Keeler.  
 Here are all the boys at the their local Pizza Shack.  Their youngest just got glasses and is doing great with keeping them on.  After dinner Jill and I went to a Vault denim party.  We enjoyed a margarita and some adult time - oh, and both found some pretty cute new jeans.  After the party we went back to their house, let the kids play and had a nice visit.  We probably stayed too late but everyone was having a great time.  We got home right before midnight and as we were pulling into town Keeler threw up in the backseat.  Cleaning out my car at midnight was definitely not the highlight of the weekend.
Since Keeler got sick we stayed home from church on Sunday morning.  By lunch he seemed fine.  The weather was perfect so we took the boys for a picnic in the park.  They loved it!  After lunch, Tyler's dad "Granddad Baker" came over. 
We don't get to see him every often because he lives several hours away.  This was actually his first time to see Kal.  The little cowboys had a great time showing him all their toys and keeping him entertained.  We went back out to play and the neighbor boys came over.  We have the sweetest new neighbors and I enjoyed getting to know the mom better and her little baby boy.  It gave me baby fever for a quick second -over that!  Granddad Baker stayed for dinner.  When he left Keeler said, "There's nothin' better than Granddad Baker."  That kid cracks us up!  I'm so glad he's feeling better!
***********************
I don't have much to report for my fitness goal -
I took all week off to heal a groin injury.  Yesterday I was finally pain free so I ventured out for a slow and steady run.  I warmed up by walking the first 1/4 mile and then jogged for a little over 2 miles.  I could definitely tell I'd been off for a while but didn't have any pain.  It was so great to be back - I missed it!  This week I'm going to work on more easy running and also incorporate come cross training.  
Linking up with Ashley for

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment