Monday, March 11, 2013

Weekend Whoas

Even though we were home with little sickies this weekend we tried to make the best of it.  We put out our Easter decorations.  After I got it all out Keeler said, "it doesn't look very Easterly."  I am guessing he is comparing the decorations to our Christmas decorations.   Who goes all out for Easter?  But his comment made me realize that my decorations were a bit inferior.  So guess what this mommy did?  I went to the local dollar store and bought even more plastic eggs and cheap spring florals.  Then we made the above banner out of some scrapbook paper I had. Keeler strung the entire banner by himself...I was very impressed.
Tyler has been a cooking machine lately.  He made chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes on Friday night.  Yes, he is totally helping with my get fit by 30 goal!  
Keeler loves to help cook while Kal loves to taste test!  
Little cowboy approved!  
{Take note, my kids are always on the kitchen counter!}
We also had a lot of playtime.  
Kallahan played with play-dough for the first time.  He loved it!  Keeler and I always pretend to make food and then offer fake tastes.  Kal caught right on and kept giving mommy tastes.  Surprisingly, he didn't ever try to eat the dough himself.
 Both the boys worked on their computers and obviously destroyed their playroom.
 Our only outing was to the local library.  I thought it would be a good idea to pick up some books and a movie since we would be cooped up all weekend.  To our surprise our library has added in some fun play centers.  Luckily we were the only ones there so I didn't have to worry about them getting anyone sick and they really enjoyed it.  We will definitely be returning soon.
Keeler recently picked out a couple board games with his Valentine money from Mimi and Jimdad.  We had fun playing with him but isn't it amazing to see how much games have changed since we were kids?  Operation is now sound activated and the cards are obsolete.
  
While we were playing games I decided to make some chocolate chip cookies.  I made these for the first time last weekend and I then thought about them all week.  I found the recipe on pinterest and trust me they are to die for!  I tweaked the recipe a bit since we prefer milk chocolate and used the Heartsmart Bisquick® which makes them only 69 calories a cookie.  And also a plus, cookie dough calories don't count in my book! :)
As everyone knows, I am the last one you'd expect to see sharing a recipe so first things first, we know these are super easy and foolproof!

Heartsmart Bisquick® Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 egg
2 3/4 cups Heartsmart Bisquick® mix
1 cup milk chocolate chips (6 oz)

Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, mix butter, sugar, vanilla and egg. Stir in Bisquick mix, chocolate chips and nuts. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonful’s onto ungreased cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart; flatten slightly. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.

Now eat them for breakfast, lunch, snack time and for dinner!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment