Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Farther Along {A Response}

I came across this song at A Holy Experience blog.
It's been on replay in my head all week.
I've been feeling like it was so unfair that the last years of my grandfather's life were full of confusion, jumbled memories and an inability to truly communicate with us.
I have been missing him for a long time and it felt like that time had been stolen from us.
But I also believe in a God who is sovereign and in control of everything.
Even the things that leave us asking "Why?".
I learned a while ago to not fall victim to my feelings or emotions.
It's O.K. to feel them but not to let them dictate how I will respond.
I have a firm foundation, one which I am overwhelmingly thankful for during the storms of life.
Here's what I know:
All things work together for good to those who love God.
Nothing is able to separate us from the love of God.
God knows the plans He has for us.

There is a reason, an answer to my why.
I will respond with faith, trusting my God who I know to be good.
And I sing -

Farther along we'll know all about it
Farther along we'll understand why
So cheer up my brothers, live in the sunshine
We'll understand this, all by and by

 

No comments:

Post a Comment