Friday, November 1, 2013

Considering the Lily




I attended a home educators' professional development day today.
It was wonderful.
I learned some new things, ate great food, shopped for some homeschool books and had a fun time chatting with other moms.
This year has been one of so many firsts for us.
We've faced various challenges, both educationally and personally.
I can't help but think about what a blessing it has been to be surrounded by other families this year whose journey is similar to ours.
It is nice to know we are not alone and that there are those who are a few steps ahead of us and happy to share their wisdom.
So tonight, here I am, stitching away at a lily that I started at one of today's workshops on embroidery.
I am not really the type to decorate with flowers but I think this one will be going up on a wall when it's completed.
As a reminder that God knows what I need.
And He provides.

Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, 29yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. 33But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
Matthew 6: 28-33


No comments:

Post a Comment