Monday, August 23, 2010

coxsackievirus and other things


For the love. Becks has HFM (hand, foot, and mouth). Again.

If you want to be fancy, it's called coxsackievirus. {Thank you, Dr. Blomer}

When he practically leapt out of his chair when eating ketchup last night, I just knew something was up. The fever combined with blisters in his mouth, on his lips and feet further confirmed my diagnosis. And it's one of those spectacular viruses that lends itself to letting it run its course. Fantastic. Just please, virus, don't run your course for the next 7-10 days as the CDC suggests. Please err on the low-end and give us a break at 4 or 5. We're kinda busy in these parts and I really don't think I can handle another weekend full of Wiggles. M'kay? Thanks.

In other news, I had a swift trip through Target {alone} tonight, and had a mild panic attack in the shoe aisle. As I was browsing for a pair of smart flats to kick around in during the school day, I suddenly realized that I had not purchased the pair of shoes for a wedding that is a month away. The bride sent an email over a month ago making this request. Gah! I just about keeled over into the a rack of booties. So I raced a couple of aisles over {seriously race - as in Super Market Sweep style}, and find ONE pair of the shoes left in my size. ONE. But it doesn't matter because one pair was all I needed, and they are not only super cute but cost-friendly too at $19.99. LOVE. THEM. Wait until you see the dress I get to wear them with. Girl's got taste.

Besides shoes, I also bought Diet Coke, Bronzer, pretzels, and Ovaltine. And a pair of new Converses for Becks. And a 20 pack of hangers. And that is why you never go into Target expecting to leave buying just anything. Because you leave buying way more than you anticipated. I'm pretty sure I went there just to buy B some folders for school. {Sidenote: when I walked in from Walgreens last night he about died when I held up four primary colored notebooks and asked if I wanted his classmates to know he was married to an elementary school teacher. He he :)}

Lastly, I need you all to supply me with some go-to quick-and-easy meals because this working momma fed her boys buttered noodles tonight, and I just don't forsee that cutting it for the next 2-3 years. We're talking 3-4 ingredients max with stuff I likely have or buy regularly. Don't go all white cooking wine on me. I need easy and available. All suggestions will be much appreciated.

Happy Monday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment