Monday, June 27, 2011

They say it's your birthday!

Omiword, it feels like yesterday he was born.  And, now he's this crazy, three-year-old little boy! He cracks me up daily, and while his antics are sometimes trying, his sweet nature and gap-tooth smile get me every time.  Happy Birthday, Becks!  I love you so, so, so, so, so, so BIG!


* * * * *
So, apparently, I kinda like playing party hostess.  I had an absolute blast planning Becks' party, and though it was only family, it was oh-so-much-fun.  And, to be honest, this has really been the first occassion in the four years that we've lived in our house that I felt really comfortable hosting a {modest} crowd.  Now that we have a deck (best investment ever) and a much much much more efficient kitchen (um, maybe the kitchen was the best investment ever!), I feel confident that I'd like to host get-togethers all the time!  Now, if I could just find the time... 

So, the theme was more or less color and since he's currently a huge Handy Manny fan, his Nana M. made a fantastic Handy Manny cake - complete with fondant-made tools!  I'm not the best photographer or editor, so the pics aren't the best.  I'm working on it!   

And now for a gobzillion par-tay pics!










Now for the actual party, wherein my momma managed to be the only one to escape my lens.  I'll get you next time, my pretty...


I mean, can you really host a preschool party these days without one of these things?  Fortunately, we borrowed this one from my parents' neighbors because I would so not pay for a party jumpy thing.  However, the kididdles totally *loved* it!






This little one-two picture succession is one of my favs.  He's sitting in my lap waiting for his daddy to bring out his gift from us.  

This next pic is when he sees his gift being rolled out the back door.  It brings a tear to my eye knowing that his excitment won't always be this genuine, this palpable. 




He crashed hard that night.  But not before he went to bed wearing new PJs and convinced us to let him take new toys to bed.  Stinker. {Sidenote: The upstairs is coming along.  Sanding always takes longer than we imagined, so he's still sleeping in the pack-n-play in our room.}


So, that's it.  Third birthday extravaganza.  Where are the years going?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment