Thursday, July 29, 2010

Preschool Prediction???

Posted by Picasa
My little stinker starts preschool in a month. And after our brief (less than 30 minutes) stint in story time at the local library last week, I have my concerns. As the above pictures attest, Becks couldn't sit still which makes me wonder how he'll fare during story time and seat work in a structured setting? I guess preschool is all about socialization and learning routines, but I'm still a little worried. I can't tell you how many times I whispered sit on your heiney under my breath as I watched from the art table while he was that kid romping around while the teacher sang 5 Little Monkeys. My little monkey just couldn't be tamed!

Even having me sit with him on the floor wasn't an effective approach - those foam sitting squares were too cool to sit on. He wanted to, well, throw them. During story time. Shoo.

He can also be a bit of a show-off...future class clown???

No comments:

Post a Comment