Tuesday, May 21, 2013

30 Day Challenge

This past weekend marked the end of my 30 Day Challenge.  
I am so proud of myself for sticking to it!  
I learned a lot about myself over the past 30 days.  Not every day was easy but most importantly I didn't quit.  In the past if I would've had one bad day then I'd throw in the towel.  Of course I would start again but the cycle always repeated itself without good results because I wasn't consistent.  Trust me, this time around I still 'cheated' and had a little chocolate time to time but counted it in my calories.  I learned to not dwell on a particular day if I went over 1200 calories (look at my Saturday ^ cake and beer, lol).  A good friend of mine that was very successful and lost over 50 pounds with myfitnesspal shared the best advice, "I don't worry about my daily average but concentrate on the weekly goal.  We all have bad days."  This made it so much easier for me this time around.  I CAN take the cake but just run a little further on Sunday.  Each day is a new day - just have a good balance!
Over the past 30 days I have gained a confidence about my body.  I can see a change.  I am more toned and actually excited for my new swimsuit to arrive in the mail. I could not have said that a couple weeks ago.  But I'm not done.  With fitness and wellness you're never "done."  It's a lifestyle.  
"I have always been conscious of my weight and a bit obsessive at times. I only have a couple pounds to lose but maintaining is work…perhaps even harder. I am tired of being fanatical and I am ready to achieve my goal of finding a practical balance for a healthier lifestyle." - this is what I wrote on my myfitnesspal profile over a year ago.      
  So as I close my 30 day challange I want to shout it from the rooftops - I have found my balance!  I'm going to keep tracking and training.  Want to join me?  
I'm using dailymile and myfitnesspal.   

Linking up with Jen!


Photobucket

The biggest secret? Learn to use the word DIET as a noun - not a verb. People who "go on diets" will put the weight back on. It is inevitable. However those who adopt A diet (and implement exercise routines to build lean mass) will not put it back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment