Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Guilty Pleasure Day

This little guy, on the other hand, has no trouble pulling off yoga poses between bites of oatmeal. If only we all could have our feet and eat them too.

So, today. Today I am lazy in my sweatpants, watching The Hills & The City webisodes, while life just kind of piles up around me. There is no way that an empty tub of whipped cream cheese {that I dipped pretzel sticks into} and a carmel apple pop wrapper are sitting on the table next to me. And I'm positive that's not a wet diaper rolled up on the floor. Since Becks is the master diaper throw-away-er I guess I'll just wait for him to awake to take care of that. I'm just going to go right on being lazy.

Or not. We're going out of town this weekend, so there's actually plenty to be done around here. {Not including laundry and making my bed, both of which I do on a consistent basis these days. Seriously. That is not a joke. Be proud of me. Very proud. I'm sure it's going to be a short-lived phenomena and I want to enjoy it while I'm still motivated.} I could be making dinner for my boys, but since my MIL invited them over for dinner tonight I'm covered there. I'm off to schmooze at a service learning recognition banquet on behalf of my school. I'm wearing a cute black dress, so that's exciting. Or at least a step up from my sweatpants.

Do you know how many black dresses I own? A few too many, that's for sure. I just can't pass them up though. Especially when you find them for $24.95 at Target and they call to you from the rack, Abby, Abby....over here. On the hanger. TAKE ME HOME. And so I give in and add another little black dress to my ever growing collection. And my husband says, Oh where is that from? and before I can speak the little black dress is doing the talking and saying things like This old thing? Don't you recognize me? while I cinch the belt a little tighter willing it to shut up.

Actually, my husband has seen this particular dress before, so no secrets here. The shoes I'm wearing, on the other hand...

In completely other, non-related news, who here has done Jillian Michaels' The Shred? I've reserved it from the library and am anxiously awaiting it to arrive. Did it work? Did you do the full 30 days? Did you see results? If so, what kind? Was it fun? Did it seem like exercise? Did you sweat?

I'm just looking to tone up a little bit during the colder months. Now that I'm not nursing I don't have an excuse for eating pretzel sticks with cream cheese without compensating for them with a little physical activity.

Can't go turning into Flabby Babbling Abby, now can I?

No comments:

Post a Comment