Sunday, February 28, 2010

Picky Picky

The above look absolutely epitomizes this stinkerpants' attitude toward nutrition lately. I commiserated with Kate, as she recently posted that her little peanut was going through the exact same thing: a food boycott.

I have no idea what to do, other than to give him lots of options and hope that he's getting all the vitamins and nutrients he needs from a couple bites of cheese, a quarter cup of yogurt, and a nibble or two of a waffle. And the ocassional Oreo cookie - which he has absolutely no problem eating. I should also note that the only milk he wants to drink is of the chocolate variety.

As with everything at this age, I just keep thinking this too shall pass (i.e. it must be a big, fat PHASE). So, for the time being, even though he'll keep shaking his head and verbally opposing almost every option I offer (yes, he says no quite often these days), I rest easy in the fact that his cheeks seem to be maintaining their chipmunky-ness and his energy abounds. His diet can't be lacking that much.

And, again, there's always Oreos.

No comments:

Post a Comment